JOB DESCRIPTION: WEB DEVELOPER/PROGRAMMER
Posting valid until: May 25, 2014
Cebu Web Concepts is searching for outstanding web developers to be responsible for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive online activism and community building. Our web developers work closely with the project manager, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
- Work closely with Project Manager and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and discussion.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/HTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to the team.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 2 years minimum experience with HTML and CSS
- 1 year minimum experience with WordPress and Drupal Themes Customization
- 1 year minimum experience working with Web Server C-panel, FTP Client and relational database systems such as MySQL
- Experience developing E-commerce, and Client based Features & Specifications
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple project priorities per month
- and perform other tasks as assigned.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: per Project basis (usually earning from 30K up per month)
Location: work from Home